TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: CEO
Job Level/Status: Hourly
Provides direct administrative support to the CEO and other staff as necessary.
- Supports the CEO in all secretarial and administrative matters, as needed and as assigned.
- Attends All meetings of the Board and Executive Committee as well as other committees as assigned to take minutes.
- Schedules meetings and interoffice spaces; Provides additional scheduling for the CEO such as phone calls, outside meetings, etc.
- Provides meeting preparation (RSVP, notices, reminders, materials) and room set-up/clean-up.
- Uses post office’s Intelligent Mail services for bulk item mailings several times per year
- Participate in the training and support of new employees as needed.
- Completes special assignments and projects as needed.
- General office responsibilities as needed.
- Go to person for office maintenance. Works with American Cancer Society (our landlord) for all building items needing attention.
- Prepares monthly kitchen duty calendars and schedules staff in Outlook
- Responsible for acknowledging staff birthdays by distributing cards for signature
- Track expenses and prepare monthly expense reports
- Request price quotes from vendors for various items
- Event Organization (Annual Meeting, Board Retreats, various recognition/celebration events)
- Updates internal phone list and distributes as needed
- Maintains all official governance records of the organization
- Maintains Board and committee rosters
- Maintains and updates contact information for the CEO
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly proficient in computer skills – Internet, MS Office Suite.
- Experience with mail merge/large mailings
- Previous experience in administrative support.
- Experience in taking & writing minutes.
- Bachelor’s preferred.
- High attention to detail.
Education Level: Junior college/two-year college training
Job Related/Industry Experience: 3 to 5 years
Working outside of regular work hours on occasion; lifting up to 25 lbs.