We are no longer seeking applicants for this position. Thanks for your interest!
To apply, send resume to HR@unitedwaytopeka.com.
Job Summary / Overview:
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, donation processing and grant processing. This position works closely with the Sr. Accounting Specialist and Chief Financial Officer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- reviews, codes and enters invoices into accounting system
- processes employee expenses
- produces and enters journal entries using accounting software (MIP)
- enters data and processes donor pledges and gifts using donor management software (ANDAR)
- manages state grants by collecting invoices and requesting reimbursement from the State
- assists CFO with preparation of Finance Committee materials and finalizes committee minutes
- other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
Knowledge or Experience:
- At least 1 year of Accounting classes
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- MIP accounting system knowledge preferred
- Experience prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in written and oral communication
Education / Certifications:
- High school education