Please email resume and cover letter to apply. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
Job Title: Part-Time Grant Assistant (20 hrs/week)
Reports To: Vice President of Community Impact
Job Level/Status: Exempt
Division: Community Impact
This position is not eligible for benefits.
An important note about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at UWGT
To truly Live United, we must commit to placing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of our work, internally and externally. A successful fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person requires that we listen to, learn from and amplify the voices of those who are most in need and those who have been traditionally underrepresented. We recognize that everyone in our United Way community brings value to our mission. We understand every employee, donor, volunteer, partner and stakeholder brings different experiences, perspectives and expectations. We respect and encourage insight and participation from all. We actively promote a variety of voices among our staff, volunteer committees and Board of Directors, and the non-profit community. We commit to being curious and courageous in how we communicate with each other. We do so in a constant effort to grow and move our community forward together.
Grant Assistant Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledgeable in e-CImpact (UWGT Grant management system) or willing to learn
- Oversees and manages all City of Topeka grants including but not limited to, preparing RFP’s, budget, outcomes, and reporting
- Create processes and documents that support the executing of the contracts, e.g. reporting template and time line
- Complete monthly invoices for City of Topeka grants, review, budget modification, etc.
- Provide support and technical assistance to community partners to navigate the grant process
- Works together with the Director of Community Impact and Senior Director of Applications to collect data, generate reports and information about all UW impact initiatives, outcomes and activities
- Participates in all City of Topeka meetings
- Reviews, develops, and/or recommends policy and procedure changes in existing invested programs and/or initiatives in light of changing conditions and in concert with community volunteers and staff input
- Prepare contracts, Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) related to each grant
- Supports facilitation of City of Topeka investment panels and annual program reviews
- Communication and relationship-building with UWGT’s partners and volunteers
- Works with other UWGT staff to plan and implement continuous quality improvement in impact and departmental processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Successful grant-writing history
- Strong grant management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Technical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Advanced computer abilities
- Excellent time management
- Strong organizational skills
- 2+ years of experience in grant and program management
- Experience working with and supporting collaborative partners
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products and working with databases
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling in order to meet the needs of clients and partners
- Ability to provide valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds.
Prepared April 2022