This position has been filled.
Job Title: VGF Volunteer Community Navigator Coordinator
An important note about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at UWGT
To truly Live United, we must commit to placing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of our work, internally and externally. A successful fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person requires that we listen to, learn from and amplify the voices of those who are most in need and those who have been traditionally underrepresented. We recognize that everyone in our United Way community brings value to our mission. We understand every employee, donor, volunteer, partner and stakeholder brings different experiences, perspectives and expectations. We respect and encourage insight and participation from all. We actively promote a variety of voices among our staff, volunteer committees and Board of Directors, and the non-profit community. We commit to being curious and courageous in how we communicate with each other. We do so in a constant effort to grow and move our community forward together.
Job Title: Volunteer Generations Fund (VGF) Volunteer Community Navigator Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
Job Level/Status: Part-time (Typically 15 hours per week)
Division: Volunteer Engagement
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Please email resume and cover letter to apply. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
UWGT Mission: Until the fight is won…creating and cultivating an unbreakable network of support for a strong, health, and equitable community.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages, recruits, trains and retains volunteers for the Volunteer Community Navigator program, in partnership with in Community Navigator taskforce and United Way of Greater Topeka
- Supports VGF Program coordinator with managing and training users on best practices of the Topekavolunteers.org (GalaxyDigital) account
- Prepares and maintains accurate records, reports and materials including database information
- Develops/maintains relationships with Community Partners
- Develops/maintains direct communication to volunteers about program and community resource updates
- Represents UWGT at various community events and, as required, speaks on behalf of UWGT
- Executes all grant requirements and documentation
- Completes special assignments and projects as needed
- This is a short-term, part-time grant funded position ending in December 2022, with possible renewal.
- Must agree to and pass a criminal history and sexual offender background check
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, must have the ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms to diverse target markets
- Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines and attending to details
- Must have the ability and desire to meet, develop relationships, and work with a variety of people
- Expected to have a commitment to excellence and to the mission of UWGT
- Must accept and abide by UWGT Code of Ethics and confidentiality requirements, along with the Association for Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Standards
- Accept and abide by UWGT Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Guidelines
Initiates, builds and continuously strengthens relationships with all customers, internal and external, by constantly seeking, understanding, and responding to customer needs and wants.
Takes initiative, maintains a persistently focused effort, remains goal and results oriented, and continues to improve. Sets daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual project goals; creating specific plans to meet them.
Communicates in an open, candid and consistent manner; delivers information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team settings, and diverse group presentations or meetings. Delivers information effectively in a variety of formats including letters, memos, analytical reports, grant proposals, and presentations.
Provides leadership to achieve high quality, sustained results that create a consistently high performing organization. Foster an environment that celebrates team success and rewards effective responsiveness to internal and external customers.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced computer abilities
- Technical and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Time management
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Experience using written and verbal skills and presenting to various size groups
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience in the public health sector preferred
- Experience working with Galaxy Digital platform preferred
- Experience working with the Greater Topeka community preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Flexible between M-F; 8am -5pm
- Special Events may require working outside these hours
Prepared August 2, 2022