Professional Development Through Service
Each year progressive local businesses commit to providing one or more employees or sponsorships to further the work of United Way. These dedicated and talented people make up the United Way Campaign Ambassador team and support the annual United Way workplace campaign while also providing visibility for their employers.
Campaign Ambassadors manage workplace campaigns by meeting and coordinating with employee teams and interacting with chief executive officers and employees. They are on the job from mid-August to mid-November.
Your organization benefits from:
- increased visibility as a community-oriented employer and leader
- greater understanding of the challenges to and services available in our community
- cultivation of the leadership potential in your organization by inviting your leaders to become partners in improving the community
Ambassadors profit from this experience by:
- becoming more educated about United Way’s impact work and the challenges facing our community
- polishing public speaking, project management and sales skills
- cultivating valuable community contacts
United Way seeks Ambassadors who are:
- Self-motivated, well-organized and goal-oriented
- Ready to enhance their leadership, management and teamwork skills
- Caring and dedicated: not shy, willing to speak to groups of people about advancing the common good in our communities
- Passionate about community change
Click on the image above for a PDF version of the Ambassador brochure. If your organization is interested in providing a Campaign Ambassador for fall 2020, please contact Vice President of Resource Development Angel Romero at 228-5128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.