- Children are ready to learn when they start school.
- Children keep up with their peers and graduate high school.
- Individuals and families are financially stable.
- Everyone lives healthy, responsible lives by making good choices.
Based on the input of volunteer Community Impact Councils, United Way’s Board of Directors established five Community Impact Goals for the next 10 years.
- Early Childhood Education: 68% of children in Shawnee County entering kindergarten will have the pre-literacy skills necessary for educational success
- On Grade Achievement: For 81 percent of low-socioeconomic students to perform at grade level in 3rd grade reading and 6th grade math
- Financial Stability: : Improve the financial stability of families and individuals in Shawnee County
- Eat, Move, Live: To improve the health and wellness of Shawnee County residents by providing access to healthy food and beverage choices and physical activity
Basic needs remains a foundation of United Way’s work. Without having their basic needs met, children can’t learn in school, families can’t be financially stable and individuals and families can’t enjoy good health