The Spring 2017 Driveaway is complete! Visit the United Way Facebook page to see the photos of Recycled Rides #19 and #20 with their new owners! Watch for a new Recycled Rides opportunity in Fall 2017.
Washburn Tech students in auto collision and auto service technology work with licensed technicians to refurbish cars for families in need. Washburn Tech was the first educational institution in the nation to participate in Recycled Rides, a National Auto Body Council program, in which students and their mentors repair donated vehicles. It’s real-world work that’s touching real lives.
Nonprofit groups in the community encourage qualified clients or groups to apply for the program. Since Washburn Tech began participating in Recycled Rides, they have given away 18 vehicles to people in need. We are proud to partner with Washburn Tech in support of their mission to deliver innovative educational and training opportunities to strengthen the communities they serve.
To be considered for a vehicle through the Recycled Rides Program, applicants must :
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have proof of income/employment or a verifiable job offer
- Must be insurable with no DWIs or DUIs on your driving record
- Must not have any other vehicle in the household in working order that belongs to you
- Must be drug free and no extensive criminal background
- If under the age of 25, you must have parental responsibilities