The application process for Fall 2016 has closed. Stay tuned for information on the December Rideaway.
Washburn Tech students in auto collision and auto service technology work with licensed technicians to refurbish cars for families in need. Washburn Tech was the first educational institution in the nation to participate in Recycled Rides, a National Auto Body Council program, in which students and their mentors repair donated vehicles. It’s real-world work that’s touching real lives.
Nonprofit groups in the community encourage qualified clients or groups to apply for the program. Since Washburn Tech began participating in Recycled Rides, they have given away 16 vehicles to people in need. We are proud to partner with Washburn Tech in support of their mission to deliver innovative educational and training opportunities to strengthen the communities they serve.
The latest Rideaway took place on Tuesday, May 3, 2016, on the South Apron of the Kansas Statehouse. Washburn Tech gifted two vehicles which became the 15th and 16th Recycled Rides in our community. Check back in February for details on the next opportunity to apply.
To be considered for a vehicle through the Recycled Rides Program, applicants must :
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have proof of income/employment or a verifiable job offer
- Must be insurable with no DWIs or DUIs on your driving record
- Must not have any other vehicle in the household in working order that belongs to you
- Must be drug free and no extensive criminal background
- If under the age of 25, you must have parental responsibilities
PDF files require PDF reader software. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.