Join us online May 4!
Topeka area volunteers who are hungry for a return to in-person activities after a year of pandemic isolation can get a virtual taste of freedom at a unique online event from noon to 6 pm May 4.
Topeka Volunteers, the Virtual Event, is United Way of Greater Topeka’s online volunteer fair, complete with avatars, digital booths and live audio interaction in the environment of Degy World. Similar to an interactive gaming environment, participants customize an avatar and then drop into the Degy World expo hall, where they can walk around, talk to other participants and vendors and attend training sessions in the virtual ballroom.
Here’s how to participate in this free online event:
- Register for or log in to your free account on TopekaVolunteers.org.
- RSVP for Topeka Volunteers: The Event (use this link or go to the Events tab in the menu on the left side of the TopekaVolunteers.org dashboard)
- Watch your email for additional instructions from Degy World. They will send you a link to download the tool to make your avatar and attend the event. (If you will be attending via a work computer, please work with your IT administrator to make sure you are able to download the necessary components before the day of the event. For more assistance, please email Jessica Neumann Barraclough)
- For more updates and to invite your friends to attend, RSVP to the Facebook event.
- Join us anytime between noon and 6 pm on May 4 in Degy World! We’ll have some virtual workshops and you’ll be able to drop in and chat about volunteer opportunities with representatives from these local nonprofits and organizations:
|Azura Credit Union (sponsor)||Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|Boys and Girls Club||Breakthrough House|
|Catholic Charities||Center for Peace and Justice|
|Citizen Advisory Council (tentative)||Community Action Inc.|
|Doorstep Inc||East Topeka Senior Center|
|Girl Scouts (4-6)||Grace Med|
Greater Topeka Youth Foundation
|Green Machine – Cerebral Palsy of Topeka (tentative)||Habitat for Humanity|
|Heartland Healthy Neighborhoods||Helping Hands Humane Society|
|Junior Achievement||Kansas Children’s Discovery Center|
|Kansas Volunteer Commission||LifeHouse Child Advocacy Center|
|Topeka Chapter of the LINKS||Midland Care||Mirror, Inc|
|MOVE||Parents as Teachers||Positive Connections|
|Stormont Vail Health||TDC Learning Centers|
|Topeka Housing Authority||Capper Foundation||Top Teer|
|Topeka Rescue Mission||United Way of Greater Topeka||Valeo Behavioral Health|
|YWCA of Northeast Kansas|
You can visit the Degy World Hub at any time to learn more about this virtual world.
View the Degy World Quick Start Guide (pdf).