Thank you for a wonderful 2021 holiday season! Intake information for the 2022 Christmas Bureau will be available in October.
2021 Christmas Bureau by the numbers:
- 1,074 households served (including 3,587 children)
- More than 60 intake and data entry volunteers who donated more than 400 hours of time and talent worth approximately $12,600.
- 240 adopters, including partners at Topeka Rescue Mission and Doorstep, faith and corporate groups, and individual adopters. If adopters spend an average of 3 hours shopping, wrapping and delivering gifts, the time donated to this volunteer effort is worth more than $20,000.
- Adopters provided gifts and holiday food worth more than $150,000.
Christmas Bureau donors also gave $4,536.22. Money raised helps cover unexpected needs if adopters find themselves unable to complete an adoption once a match is made.
Partners in this year’s Christmas Bureau effort included:
- Community Resource Council
- Salvation Army
- Topeka Housing Authority
- Topeka Rescue Mission
- Doorstep, Inc.
- Let’s Help