IMPORTANT: Beginning on Monday, 10/29, the doors of the application center at Johnston Community Center will close to new applicants at 6:45 pm to allow the volunteers to finish helping those already in line. Please plan to arrive BEFORE 6:45 pm.
2018 Christmas Bureau
To apply to be adopted, follow the application directions below. Intake dates are listed below.
To volunteer, adopt a family or donate, click the link to go to the Adoption page.
- Adoption applicants must reside in Shawnee County.
- You must apply in person at Johnston Community Center on one of the dates below.
- Please download and print both the information sheet and application form.
- Call 2-1-1 if you have questions about the application process.
- Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you have the required documentation when you come to the application center. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. LAS SOLICITUDES NO SERÁN PROCESADAS SIN TODAS LAS DOCUMENTACIONES REQUERIDAS.
|Tuesday, October 23||10 am – 7 pm|
|Thursday, October 25||10 am – 7 pm|
|Friday, October 26||10 am – 7 pm|
|Saturday, October 27||10 am – 3 pm|
|Monday, October 29||10 am – 7 pm|
|Thursday, November 1||10 am – 7 pm|
|Friday, November 2 (LAST DAY)||10 am – 7 pm|
Please print off both the information sheet and the application form. Change printer settings to landscape before printing. Application forms must be printed front and back, not on two separate sheets. You MUST use black ink.
Jackson County residents can contact the Jackson County Christmas Bureau via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jcmachristmas/. Applications are available at First Baptist Church, the Post Office, NEK-CAP, Senior Center, Jackson County Health Dept. and the Jackson County Food pantry or by email at email@example.com. The deadline to sign up is November 16. The Christmas Store will be held December 14.
Adopting and volunteering through the Christmas Bureau is a great company, church, school and family activity. Individuals as well as groups are encouraged to participate. To learn about becoming a Christmas Bureau adopter, visit https://www.unitedwaytopeka.org/work/cb/adopt/. The goal is to have adoptee match information to adopters before Thanksgiving.